Sunday 4 November 2012

Kite Artists: Frances Anderson

Kite Artists: 
Frances Anderson 





Many of Frances Anderson's kites are made using Japanese paper which is decorated with a technique called Batik.
Batik is a method of using of using wax which resists the dye which when ironed out leaves a blank section on the material or paper that has been dyed or coloured. 



"I may look at using Batik skills in order to decorate my final kite, or use her kites to inspire me the shapes an patterns I put into my final kite design"

http://www.francesanderson.org

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey - you should have contacted me before lifting my photographs from my website and you need to credit the photos clearly to me with copyright etc . I am sure had you contacted I would have said yes but would have sent you files with web details on them so that the origin of the photos is traceable. Frances Anderson

    ReplyDelete