Wednesday 5 December 2012

Kite Project: Spider Web

Kite Project:
Spider Web

"This is what my final kite looks like it is a delta kite made out of black polyester lining.
I was initially influenced to give my kite the theme of a spiders web by the shape that has been created at the bottom of my delta wings. I though that a spider's web design would be good because i can reflect the shape created at the bottom of my kite wings up the kite forming the spider web pattern."


In order to help me paint the web design accurately onto my kite wings I made a template of the basic shapes: straight lines & arch's.



Initially I panted the pattern using white acrylic paint to give definition to my pattern as well as to act as a base coat on to which I later added my glow-in-the-dark paint.



after using my template to get the initial size and shape of my spider web patter marked out onto my kite I painted the rest of the pattern by hand, i used two coats of the white acrylic and two coats of the glow-in-the-dark paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment